Thursday, August 9, 2012

where am I going?

Best Buy - West LA

11301 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone: 310-268-9190
GEO: 34.035656, -118.4389  < do I really need to know this?>
Map & Directions
See full store details
Weekly Ad

I may be in the "mid-life" age range, but in my opinion, this information is above and beyond "stupid-fying." 

The inclusion of this information indicates that the younger generation (I can't f*%#ng) believe I'm not included in that range anymore) is handed the exact location on our planet on a silver platter. I mean, whatever happened to looking at a map - or actually getting the address and searching out the store i.e. problem solving?)  God forbid a street undergoes a change (one of the streets in our neighborhood was suddenly blocked off to negate the extra traffic from a new apartment complex) and your GPS tells you to turn on to it?  I watch with amusement (??) as cars constantly go to that intersection, and have to turn around.

As I read that paragraph over, I realize that I take "pleasure" in the smaller things in life.

Heaven help me.

You may be asking this - what does this have to do with reimagining the past?  I happen to love "old-fashioned" maps.

Reimagine that my friends!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment